A new year calls for new PR and social media trends, but what will the communications landscape look like throughout 2022, and how can businesses ensure they are using these trends to their advantage?
Over the last few years, the public relations industry has faced challenges it has never dealt with before, from the increase of virtual events to higher expectations from consumers, meaning that avoiding a PR disaster is more vital than ever. Keeping your eye on new trends and predictions is essential for improving PR efforts into 2022.
We’ve put together some of our predictions into a handy list below to help you ace your 2022 PR and communications strategy:
- Influencer marketing will continue to grow. Many consumers trust their favourite influencers more than brands, so investing money into micro and nano-influencers could increase business opportunities in 2022. Making sure that your partnership with an influencer is genuine and aligns with your brand values is vital in ensuring success.
- Consumers will crave more ‘snackable’ content across all social media platforms. Gone are the days of long videos – with shortened spans for social media, consumers prefer short-form videos that give them all the information they need quickly. Make sure to implement ‘snackable’ content into your content plan to maximise brand engagement.
- This may not be the news that the Zoom fatigued want to hear, but hybrid events will continue to be just as popular in 2022. As the situation with Covid is still uncertain, businesses will have to consider a mix of virtual and in-person events.
- With more consumers aware of their own personal values and views on world issues, brands will be expected to find creative ways to communicate with a conscience and display their commitment to causes. It will be vital for brands to demonstrate how they’re helping others in a meaningful way to build a positive PR narrative.
- Whilst many believe Facebook’s popularity and reach is dwindling, the platform is used daily by 44% of the UK population and has 2.8 billion active users, and 1.9 billion daily active users worldwide. You don’t want to miss out on the amazing exposure you could have on Facebook, so make sure to utilise the platform correctly.
Navigating ever-changing trends can be difficult, but this is our bread and butter, and we’re here to help! For guidance on how public relations, social media and communications can benefit your business, get in touch today via firstname.lastname@example.org.